Pros and cons in the use of gel
1- what are the positive points of dispatching with the gel ?
- gel bits release slowly humidity in a non aggressive way
- they can store, if added by the sender, nutriments, fungi, bacteria, hormones .. that can be used after arrival to mix with soil or water.
2- negative point with the gel?
- if the air is humid enough during travel too much humidity around the plant will cause rot especially during hot periods.
3 - can cuts be sent in an envelope with gel ?
- gel can't be used in envelopes, but if envelopes are padded gel is not necessary : gel AND plastic sheet do not work together
4 - what is the price for cuts with gel ?
- additions of gel in boxes is free at aleyagarden
5 - is gel treatment and aid to send more fragile cuts ?
- yes gel bits may help more efficiently than plastic in cardboard boxes ( there is more air in boxes than in envelopes )
Hoya and other plant collections are for sale on aleyagarden.com Plant care is available in various posts of this blog. Contact : email@example.com
Find all Aleyagarden posts on http://aleyagarden-blog.blogspot.com